- California Assembly OKs highest minimum wage in nation
- S. Korea unveils first graphic cigarette warnings
- US joins with South Korea, Japan in bid to deter North Korea
- LPGA golfer Chun In-gee finally back in action
- S. Korea won’t be top seed in final World Cup qualification round
- US men’s soccer misses 2nd straight Olympics
- US back on track in qualifying with 4-0 win over Guatemala
- High-intensity workout injuries spawn cottage industry
- CDC expands range of Zika mosquitoes into parts of Northeast
- Who knew? ‘The Walking Dead’ is helping families connect
Suzy, Seohyun to release new EP albums this month
SEOUL, Jan. 9 (Yonhap) — Miss A’s Suzy and Girls’ Generation’s Seohyun will face off as solo artists this month with both to release new music, according to their agencies Monday.
Suzy is scheduled to release a new song on Jan. 17, followed by an EP album on Jan. 24, according to JYP Entertainment. The singer has posted teasers on her Instagram account and JYP Entertainment’s Facebook page. The videos, each just few seconds long, feature Suzy idling away in various settings.
Seohyun is also preparing to release her first solo EP album several days before Suzy.
“We’re soon starting full-fledged promotion. She’ll present a different appeal from the likes of Girls’ Generation and TaeTiSeo (three-member subunit of Girls’ Generation),” the company said.
Both artists have enjoyed largely successful solo careers, most notably in acting.
Suzy catapulted into stardom in 2012 with her acting debut in the film “Architecture 101.” In 2015, she appeared in the film “The Sound of a Flower” and in the TV series “Uncontrollably Fond” last year.
Seohyun also enjoyed a prominent acting career, featured in the TV show “Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo” along with the Korean remake of the hit musical “Mamma Mia!”
She has also wrapped up shooting her new web drama “Ruby Ruby Love” which will be available through streaming on Naver later this month.