- California Assembly OKs highest minimum wage in nation
- S. Korea unveils first graphic cigarette warnings
- US joins with South Korea, Japan in bid to deter North Korea
- LPGA golfer Chun In-gee finally back in action
- S. Korea won’t be top seed in final World Cup qualification round
- US men’s soccer misses 2nd straight Olympics
- US back on track in qualifying with 4-0 win over Guatemala
- High-intensity workout injuries spawn cottage industry
- CDC expands range of Zika mosquitoes into parts of Northeast
- Who knew? ‘The Walking Dead’ is helping families connect
Join the fun at 2nd annual Turtle Marathon @Griffith Park
Hosted by The Korea Times and Nongshim America
On Jan. 30 at 8 a.m., in celebration of the new year and to promote good health
By The Korea Times Los Angeles staff
The Korea Times and Nongshim America will host the second annual Turtle Marathon@Griffith Park in celebration of the new year on Saturday Jan. 30 at 8 a.m.
The walking marathon is a free community health event for everyone to enjoy a 4.5-mile hike through the picturesque park trail with friends, family and co-workers. Over 3,000 people participated in last year’s inaugural event.
Backpacks, courtesy of Everest Trading Company, and other souvenirs from Nongshim America and Haitai USA will be given away to this year’s participants.
Joining the event, sponsored by the office of District 4 City Councilman David Ryu, will be Los Angeles Korean Consul General Kim Hyun-myung, the Korean American Federation of Los Angeles, Pyung Tong LA , and PAVA World.
Walkers will begin the marathon at Merry-go-round parking lot (4730 Crystal Springs Dr. LA).
For more information, please call (323)692-2068.