- California Assembly OKs highest minimum wage in nation
- S. Korea unveils first graphic cigarette warnings
- US joins with South Korea, Japan in bid to deter North Korea
- LPGA golfer Chun In-gee finally back in action
- S. Korea won’t be top seed in final World Cup qualification round
- US men’s soccer misses 2nd straight Olympics
- US back on track in qualifying with 4-0 win over Guatemala
- High-intensity workout injuries spawn cottage industry
- CDC expands range of Zika mosquitoes into parts of Northeast
- Who knew? ‘The Walking Dead’ is helping families connect
BLACKPINK’s ‘Boombayah’ tops 100 mln YouTube views
SEOUL, Jan. 31 (Yonhap) — The “Boombayah” music video by BLACKPINK, one of K-pop’s biggest breakout stars from last year, has racked up more than 100 million views on YouTube, the group’s agency said Tuesday.
According to YG Entertainment, view count for the song on YouTube stood at 100,026,826 as of 5 a.m. on Tuesday, reaching the milestone figure 177 days after its release.
“Boombayah” is one of BLACKPINK’s two songs included on the group’s “Square One” debut single album. The dance number features a synth-heavy sound and aggressive beats.
Together with companion song “Whistle,” BLACKPINK reigned on most of music streaming charts in August of last year. The team then also topped Apple iTunes chart in 14 countries and also Billboard’s World Digital Song Chart.
BLACKPINK had one of the biggest debuts in K-pop last year, making headlines as YG Entertainment’s first girl group in seven years.
The four-member team, which includes Thai national Lisa, snatched up rookie awards at last year’s Melon Music Awards, beating out strong competitors such as I.O.I and the Korea-China team Cosmic Girls.