- California Assembly OKs highest minimum wage in nation
- S. Korea unveils first graphic cigarette warnings
- US joins with South Korea, Japan in bid to deter North Korea
- LPGA golfer Chun In-gee finally back in action
- S. Korea won’t be top seed in final World Cup qualification round
- US men’s soccer misses 2nd straight Olympics
- US back on track in qualifying with 4-0 win over Guatemala
- High-intensity workout injuries spawn cottage industry
- CDC expands range of Zika mosquitoes into parts of Northeast
- Who knew? ‘The Walking Dead’ is helping families connect
Actor Park Hae-jin’s wax figure to be unveiled in Hong Kong
SEOUL, Feb. 6 (Yonhap) — A wax figure of the popular Korean actor Park Hae-jin will go on display in a global museum of wax dolls in Hong Kong from next month, his agency said Monday.
The actor will unveil his wax figure in a ceremony at a “hallyu” themed exhibition room of Maadame Tussauds Hong Kong, Mountain Movement said. Hallyu refers to the Asia-wide popularity of Korean pop music, TV shows and films.
There are wax dolls for other hallyu stars such as Bae Yong-joon, Kim Soo-hyun, Lee Jong-suk, Suzy, Siwon of Super Junior, U-know and Max of TVXQ and 2PM’s Nichkhun at the exhibition room.
“I’m really happy to get to have a wax figure that looks just like me,” Park was quoted as saying after finishing seven hours of body size measurement for the museum.
Park gained fame among Chinese viewers after the 2014 SBS TV series “My Love from the Star” and 2016 tvN drama “Cheese in the Trap” became huge hits overseas.