- California Assembly OKs highest minimum wage in nation
- S. Korea unveils first graphic cigarette warnings
- US joins with South Korea, Japan in bid to deter North Korea
- LPGA golfer Chun In-gee finally back in action
- S. Korea won’t be top seed in final World Cup qualification round
- US men’s soccer misses 2nd straight Olympics
- US back on track in qualifying with 4-0 win over Guatemala
- High-intensity workout injuries spawn cottage industry
- CDC expands range of Zika mosquitoes into parts of Northeast
- Who knew? ‘The Walking Dead’ is helping families connect
Taeyeon to release new album, teases music video
SEOUL, Feb. 16 (Yonhap) — Taeyeon, a member of South Korean idol group Girls’ Generation, will release her first full-length solo studio album later this month, her agency said Thursday.
The music video for “I Got Love,” the title track of the album, will be released on Saturday midnight, according to the singer’s agency S.M. Entertainment. The company did not give a release date for the album though.
S.M. Entertainment uploaded a teaser trailer for the music video on YouTube, which features Taeyeon in smoky makeup and a glitzy wardrobe, marking a departure from the singer’s mostly pure and innocent image from the past.
Outside of her successful group career, Taeyeon has prospered in a solo career through two solo EP albums.
Taeyeon’s first solo album, “I,” dominated major music charts on its release in 2015 and also topped Billboard’s World Digital Song Chart then. Her second and latest EP album “Why” was released to commercial success last year.