- California Assembly OKs highest minimum wage in nation
- S. Korea unveils first graphic cigarette warnings
- US joins with South Korea, Japan in bid to deter North Korea
- LPGA golfer Chun In-gee finally back in action
- S. Korea won’t be top seed in final World Cup qualification round
- US men’s soccer misses 2nd straight Olympics
- US back on track in qualifying with 4-0 win over Guatemala
- High-intensity workout injuries spawn cottage industry
- CDC expands range of Zika mosquitoes into parts of Northeast
- Who knew? ‘The Walking Dead’ is helping families connect
KMF EXO-CLAMATION POINT
By Tae Hong
Count EXO-M in for The Korea Times’ 12th Korean Music Festival on May 3.
The sub-group of six, comprised of Chinese, Korean and Canadian members, is managed by S.M. Entertainment.
Since debuting in 2012, EXO has fast risen to the top of the K-Pop charts.
“XOXO,” their first full-length album that was released last year, became the first Korean record to hit one million sales in 12 years. The title track, “Growl,” swept the charts and came in at No. 1 on Billboard’s “2013 K-Pop Best 20” list.
EXO-M will join nine other teams — Crayon Pop, B1A4, 2AM, Jung Dong-ha, Insooni, Kim Jong-seo, Ulala Session, Shim Soo-bong and Dal Shabet — for this year’s KMF at the Hollywood Bowl.
The KMF is an annual festival that brings together the Korean American community, as well as K-Pop lovers, of all ages.
Buy tickets at http://ktmf.koreatimes.com or at The Korea Times offices located at 4525 Wilshire Blvd. For more information, call (323) 692-2055.