- California Assembly OKs highest minimum wage in nation
- S. Korea unveils first graphic cigarette warnings
- US joins with South Korea, Japan in bid to deter North Korea
- LPGA golfer Chun In-gee finally back in action
- S. Korea won’t be top seed in final World Cup qualification round
- US men’s soccer misses 2nd straight Olympics
- US back on track in qualifying with 4-0 win over Guatemala
- High-intensity workout injuries spawn cottage industry
- CDC expands range of Zika mosquitoes into parts of Northeast
- Who knew? ‘The Walking Dead’ is helping families connect
Red Velvet, Tiger JK added to SXSW’s Korean artist roster
SEOUL, Feb. 22 (Yonhap) — Seven South Korean acts, including idol group Red Velvet and hip hop artist Tiger JK, will perform at a K-pop showcase as part of South by Southwest (SXSW) festival in Austin, Texas, next month, a state-run culture promotion agency said Wednesday.
SXSW’s K-Pop Night Out scheduled for March 17 will also feature Hyolyn of girl group Sistar, Yoon Mi-rae, No Brain, Galaxy Express and Big Phony, according to the Korea Creative Content Agency (KOCCA).
Launched in 1987, SXSW is an annual collective showcase of film, music and interactive media held in March in Austin. This year’s festival will run from March 10-19.
K-Pop Night Out became part of SXSW on the initiative of KOCCA in 2012. The agency said it will also host a K-pop event at the Great Escape, a British music festival, in May.