- Winning bid on Kang Jung-ho comes in at $5 million, Nexen accepts
- Putin invites Kim Jong-un to Moscow
- Hackers warn not to release ‘The Interview’ in any form
- North Korea denies connection with Sony hacking
- K-pop girls rule S. Korea’s favorite singer rankings
- NY governor signs law designating Lunar New Year as public school holiday
- Wife’s debts speculated to be behind Kim Gu-ra’s panic disorder
- 2NE1′s ‘Gotta Be You’ is MTV Iggy’s Song of the Year
- UN General Assembly formally adopts landmark resolution on NK human rights
- Controversy or not, IKEA opens in S. Korea to throngs of customers
Korean actress auditions for ‘Avengers 2′
By Park Si-soo
The sequel of Hollywood action flick Avengers will be filmed in Korea possibly featuring a Korean actress.
The film’s producer, Marvel Universe, said at least 10 to 15 minutes of “Avengers 2: Age of Ultron” will take place in Seoul’s Gangnam area and Gyeonggi Province.
The domestic shooting of the movie is said to take place in April or May. Other locations for shooting include New York, London and locations throughout South Africa, it said.
One of Korea’s top production teams has already been chosen to work with the firm’s crew, it added.
Korean actress Kim Soo-hyun is said to have met with Marvel officials to discuss her appearing in the film as a villain.
Her management agency said nothing has been decided yet. The 29-year-old featured in several TV dramas including a role as a secretary to Daniel Henney’s character in the television drama “Plan B.”She however is not a widely-recognized performer. She is fluent in English, having spent her childhood abroad.
The Avengers series is based on the Marvel comic books of the same name in which a team of superheroes protect the earth from various threats.
Released in 2012, the first Avengers film was a big hit in Korea, earning more than $50 million. The Avengers’ sequel is due to be released in May 2015.