- US heads to Women’s World Cup final with 2-0 win over Germany
- No new cases of MERS for four days
- Iran offers aid to N. Korea during worst drought of century after request
- Wilshire Bank feeds 1,100 in latest charity effort with Cha In-pyo
- Connecticut eases penalties for most drug possession crimes
- Odds of N. Korea’s provocation growing: Defense chief
- S. Korean elected to head UN’s IMO for first time
- No new MERS cases for three days
- Korean food takes aim at Hispanic market
- LA Koreatown planning August festival for Korean independence day
Korean actress auditions for ‘Avengers 2′
By Park Si-soo
The sequel of Hollywood action flick Avengers will be filmed in Korea possibly featuring a Korean actress.
The film’s producer, Marvel Universe, said at least 10 to 15 minutes of “Avengers 2: Age of Ultron” will take place in Seoul’s Gangnam area and Gyeonggi Province.
The domestic shooting of the movie is said to take place in April or May. Other locations for shooting include New York, London and locations throughout South Africa, it said.
One of Korea’s top production teams has already been chosen to work with the firm’s crew, it added.
Korean actress Kim Soo-hyun is said to have met with Marvel officials to discuss her appearing in the film as a villain.
Her management agency said nothing has been decided yet. The 29-year-old featured in several TV dramas including a role as a secretary to Daniel Henney’s character in the television drama “Plan B.”She however is not a widely-recognized performer. She is fluent in English, having spent her childhood abroad.
The Avengers series is based on the Marvel comic books of the same name in which a team of superheroes protect the earth from various threats.
Released in 2012, the first Avengers film was a big hit in Korea, earning more than $50 million. The Avengers’ sequel is due to be released in May 2015.