- Run River North coming back to LA with a new sound
- South Korea wins 10 gold medals in 1 day
- Jessica lashes out at Girls’ Generation members, management
- Samsung struggles against Apple: affects entire South Korean economy
- Korean Karma: Royals pull out miraculous win to reach ALDS
- Bell Gardens Mayor fatally shot, allegedly by his wife
- The 1st Korea Times U.S. Korean Tennis Tournament a success
- [CBS] Scientists detect early sign of pancreatic cancer
- First case of Ebola in U.S. confirmed in Dallas
- Will magic of Korean fan continue for Royals in postseason?
Korean actress auditions for ‘Avengers 2′
By Park Si-soo
The sequel of Hollywood action flick Avengers will be filmed in Korea possibly featuring a Korean actress.
The film’s producer, Marvel Universe, said at least 10 to 15 minutes of “Avengers 2: Age of Ultron” will take place in Seoul’s Gangnam area and Gyeonggi Province.
The domestic shooting of the movie is said to take place in April or May. Other locations for shooting include New York, London and locations throughout South Africa, it said.
One of Korea’s top production teams has already been chosen to work with the firm’s crew, it added.
Korean actress Kim Soo-hyun is said to have met with Marvel officials to discuss her appearing in the film as a villain.
Her management agency said nothing has been decided yet. The 29-year-old featured in several TV dramas including a role as a secretary to Daniel Henney’s character in the television drama “Plan B.”She however is not a widely-recognized performer. She is fluent in English, having spent her childhood abroad.
The Avengers series is based on the Marvel comic books of the same name in which a team of superheroes protect the earth from various threats.
Released in 2012, the first Avengers film was a big hit in Korea, earning more than $50 million. The Avengers’ sequel is due to be released in May 2015.