- Where should I go to college? Student stories, University of Maryland
- Psy’s new music videos ‘DADDY’ and ‘NAPAL BAJI’ are here
- NYC’s novel salt warning rule set to take effect at chains
- Controversial affirmative action case goes to Supreme Court again
- Pixar’s secret sauce: Inside the writers’ room of ‘The Good Dinosaur’
- Nearing deal with Minnesota Twins, Park Byung-ho departs for US
- S. Korean painting from 1950s auctioned for $2 million
- N. Korea violates UN resolution with failed missile launch
- South Korean film industry surpasses 100 million in theaters 4th year in a row
- S. Korea ratifies FTA with China
It’s official: Soo-hyun will appear in ‘Avengers’ sequel
By Kim Ji-soo
It’s official. A Korean actress will have a supporting role in the “Avengers” series that will be partially filmed in Korea.
Soo-hyun whose English name is Claudia Kim passed the audition for “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” Disney Company Korea said Wednesday. It was announced that parts of the film shoot will happen in Seoul and Gyeonggi Province between April and May.
Soo-hyun, who is a graduate of Ewha Womans University’s international division, has several works under her belt including a role opposite Rain and Daniel Henney in the KBS drama “Plan B.” The actress has changed her name few times, from Kim Soo-hyun to now Soo-hyun.
Kevin Feige, the president of Marvel Studios and the film’s producer said in February that locations for the movie include Seoul, Johannesburg, Aosta Valley (Italy), London and Burbank, California.
The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism is expected to reimburse up to 30 percent of the expenditure under a state-funded incentive program as the studio is expected to spend more than 10 billion won ($9.37 million) during its shoot in Korea. Culture Minister YooJin-ryong has said that he was excited with the scheduled filming and that he hopes that this will pave the way for more opportunities in the future.
With the decision, Kim will act along side Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson and Elizabeth Olsen who have signed on to the sequel.
Following the Wednesday decision, Kim will join the cast for the premier of “Captain America: the Winter Soldier” scheduled on March 13 in Los Angeles, California. It will be her first official appearance for a Marvel Studios.
The “Avengers: Age of Ultron” is expected to be released in some 100 countries with the movie slated to open in April 2015 in Korea. In the sequel, the Avengers reassemble to battle the sentient robot known as Ultron.