- California Assembly OKs highest minimum wage in nation
- S. Korea unveils first graphic cigarette warnings
- US joins with South Korea, Japan in bid to deter North Korea
- LPGA golfer Chun In-gee finally back in action
- S. Korea won’t be top seed in final World Cup qualification round
- US men’s soccer misses 2nd straight Olympics
- US back on track in qualifying with 4-0 win over Guatemala
- High-intensity workout injuries spawn cottage industry
- CDC expands range of Zika mosquitoes into parts of Northeast
- Who knew? ‘The Walking Dead’ is helping families connect
Actor Lee Jong-suk holds successful fan meeting in Japan
SEOUL, Feb. 3 (Yonhap) — South Korean actor Lee Jong-suk held a string of successful fan events on his Asia tour, his agency said Friday.
“The 2017 Lee Jong-suk Fanmeeting ‘Variety’ in Japan” brought a total of 5,000 fans to Omiya Sonic City Big Hall, Saitama, Japan, on Wednesday and Thursday, according to YG Entertainment.
The two-day occasion, an encore to the previous one held last September but on a larger scale that accommodated 2,500 people each day, sold out despite it being held on a weekday, YG added.
The scale was enlarged due to the great support from local fans it received last time, when over 8,000 people applied for the event, three times higher than the initial goal.
The latest show consisted of various programs including singing performances and a giveaway session where Lee gave chocolates and bouquets to fans for the upcoming Valentine’s Day. He also delivered the news that, after just recently wrapping up his new film “V.I.P” directed by Park Hoon-jung, he is set to start shooting an upcoming SBS drama, tentatively titled “While You Were Sleeping.”
Lee was given the grand prize at the 2016 MBC Drama Awards for his role in the hit MBC series “W,” which also aired via Japanese CS channel from last November.