- California Assembly OKs highest minimum wage in nation
- S. Korea unveils first graphic cigarette warnings
- US joins with South Korea, Japan in bid to deter North Korea
- LPGA golfer Chun In-gee finally back in action
- S. Korea won’t be top seed in final World Cup qualification round
- US men’s soccer misses 2nd straight Olympics
- US back on track in qualifying with 4-0 win over Guatemala
- High-intensity workout injuries spawn cottage industry
- CDC expands range of Zika mosquitoes into parts of Northeast
- Who knew? ‘The Walking Dead’ is helping families connect
LG Electronics to release G6 in Europe next week
SEOUL, April 20 (Yonhap) — LG Electronics Inc. said Thursday it plans to release the G6 smartphone in 24 European countries starting next week, in line with steps to expand its global sales.
Starting next week, South Korea’s No. 2 tech giant will start sales of its flagship device in major European countries, including Britain, Germany, France and Italy.
LG Electronics kicked off sales of the G6 in the North American market earlier this month.
The company said it also plans to release the device in major Asian, Latin American and African nations throughout next month.
Featuring a 5.7-inch screen and dual 13 mega-pixel rear-facing cameras, LG said the smartphone has been enjoying rising popularity on the back of what it calls “Full-Vision” display that comes with an 18:9 screen aspect ratio.
The G6 smartphone also earned the “MIL-STD 810G” certificate issued by Maryland Electrical Testing, by meeting tough security requirements approved by the U.S. Department of Defense.