- California Assembly OKs highest minimum wage in nation
- S. Korea unveils first graphic cigarette warnings
- US joins with South Korea, Japan in bid to deter North Korea
- LPGA golfer Chun In-gee finally back in action
- S. Korea won’t be top seed in final World Cup qualification round
- US men’s soccer misses 2nd straight Olympics
- US back on track in qualifying with 4-0 win over Guatemala
- High-intensity workout injuries spawn cottage industry
- CDC expands range of Zika mosquitoes into parts of Northeast
- Who knew? ‘The Walking Dead’ is helping families connect
Emotional Ailee can’t hold back tears
Ailee decided to face the problem head on, as she showed up at the 2013 MelOn Music Awards on Friday night in Korea.
The 23-year-old singer, embroiled in nude photo controversy, got on the stage, performed, and even took home a trophy for being one of the top 10 artists of 2013, but couldn’t hold back her tears when the crowd loudly showed their support. She said to the crowd “Thank you for believing and supporting me, no matter what happens. I will continue to work hard.”
However, according to Popdust.com, Ailee’s debut single in Japan, Heaven, didn’t fare so well. It only sold 3,933 copies to debut at No. 24 on Japan’s Oricon charts.
It also flopped on the J-pop Hot 100, only reaching No. 38, prompting the website to say “This makes Heaven one of the least successful K-pop in Japan releases ever.”