- HyunA “Red” hot
- Will Son Heung-min be allowed to play in Asian Games?
- Amnesty Int’l calls on S. Korea to stop arming Israel
- Korea’s robot fish project found to be failure: state auditor
- UCLA flood: Estimate doubles to 20 million gallons of water
- Martha Choe looks forward to life after Gates Foundation
- Ruling party wins by landslide 11-4
- Water main break floods UCLA campus, 10 million gallons of water lost
- Great Scott! Lakers finally introduce new head coach
- Ryu Hyun-jin’s old team puts robot fans in the stands
Korean actress auditions for ‘Avengers 2′
By Park Si-soo
The sequel of Hollywood action flick Avengers will be filmed in Korea possibly featuring a Korean actress.
The film’s producer, Marvel Universe, said at least 10 to 15 minutes of “Avengers 2: Age of Ultron” will take place in Seoul’s Gangnam area and Gyeonggi Province.
The domestic shooting of the movie is said to take place in April or May. Other locations for shooting include New York, London and locations throughout South Africa, it said.
One of Korea’s top production teams has already been chosen to work with the firm’s crew, it added.
Korean actress Kim Soo-hyun is said to have met with Marvel officials to discuss her appearing in the film as a villain.
Her management agency said nothing has been decided yet. The 29-year-old featured in several TV dramas including a role as a secretary to Daniel Henney’s character in the television drama “Plan B.”She however is not a widely-recognized performer. She is fluent in English, having spent her childhood abroad.
The Avengers series is based on the Marvel comic books of the same name in which a team of superheroes protect the earth from various threats.
Released in 2012, the first Avengers film was a big hit in Korea, earning more than $50 million. The Avengers’ sequel is due to be released in May 2015.