- California Assembly OKs highest minimum wage in nation
- S. Korea unveils first graphic cigarette warnings
- US joins with South Korea, Japan in bid to deter North Korea
- LPGA golfer Chun In-gee finally back in action
- S. Korea won’t be top seed in final World Cup qualification round
- US men’s soccer misses 2nd straight Olympics
- US back on track in qualifying with 4-0 win over Guatemala
- High-intensity workout injuries spawn cottage industry
- CDC expands range of Zika mosquitoes into parts of Northeast
- Who knew? ‘The Walking Dead’ is helping families connect
When Persuading Listen or Speak
People nowadays have a lot of greedy thoughts about a thing that each individual wants to do. They have to do it so that they can achieve their goals to So they persuade the people around them, such as their family. Some people might say that speaking only for themselves is a better way to achieve there goals. They also might reason that they can success in what they want to have and do. However, listening to others can more important when trying to persuade than only speaking.
Firstly, realizing the definition of the word persuade is very important. To persuade is to make your opponent to think, consider, and agree to your opinion about something. Now, if your opponent wouldn’ t listen to you and is trying to convince you, then you should listen in order to understand what he or she is thinking. Not understanding means not being able to know what the person’s reason or intention to think like that. Then, finding the biggest disadvantage of your opponent’ s position and the advantage of yours is very important for overcoming the conflict between the two. However, more than that, you should compare those two, where your advantage is not found in your opponent’s, and etc.
Finally, some of the other ways that you can clearly persuade your opponent is to clearly state the comparison or the explanation. Something that your opponent didn’ t think of can be a good starting point. You shouldn’t be vague or be comparing as if you are on both sides. Try presenting a lot of your side’ s advantages and their effects on him or her. Therefore, when persuading, one should listen first to his or her opponent more than only speaking.