- California Assembly OKs highest minimum wage in nation
- S. Korea unveils first graphic cigarette warnings
- US joins with South Korea, Japan in bid to deter North Korea
- LPGA golfer Chun In-gee finally back in action
- S. Korea won’t be top seed in final World Cup qualification round
- US men’s soccer misses 2nd straight Olympics
- US back on track in qualifying with 4-0 win over Guatemala
- High-intensity workout injuries spawn cottage industry
- CDC expands range of Zika mosquitoes into parts of Northeast
- Who knew? ‘The Walking Dead’ is helping families connect
Taec Yeon fit for military service
Taec Yeon (Ok Taec-yeon), a member of boy group 2PM, will join the army as he was declared fit for military service after a medical re-examination in Daegu, Thursday.
His military status has attracted public interest since he gave up his green card (permanent residency in the U.S.) in 2010 for enlistment and underwent medical treatments to pass the physical.
He has focused on treating his herniated disc, which can be reason for an alternative military service as opposed to serving as an active-duty soldier.
He underwent two surgical operations in 2012 and 2013. He also had metal pins in his arm removed, which were inserted when it was broken.
Sources said Taec Yeon expressed joy in being able to serve as a regular soldier.