- California Assembly OKs highest minimum wage in nation
- S. Korea unveils first graphic cigarette warnings
- US joins with South Korea, Japan in bid to deter North Korea
- LPGA golfer Chun In-gee finally back in action
- S. Korea won’t be top seed in final World Cup qualification round
- US men’s soccer misses 2nd straight Olympics
- US back on track in qualifying with 4-0 win over Guatemala
- High-intensity workout injuries spawn cottage industry
- CDC expands range of Zika mosquitoes into parts of Northeast
- Who knew? ‘The Walking Dead’ is helping families connect
Sistar’s Soyou, EXO’s Baekhyun’s new duet tops music charts
SEOUL, Feb. 14 (Yonhap) — Soyou of girl group Sistar and Baekhyun of boy band EXO on Tuesday topped major music streaming charts with their new duet song “Rain.”
Released at midnight, “Rain” ranked No. 1 on all eight major music streaming services, including Melon, Mnet, Olleh Music and Genie, as of 9 a.m.
The feat comes across as remarkable given the stiff competition from a new album released by hit idol band BTS (Bangtan Boys) on Monday.
“I feel good about reaching first place. Baekhyun’s voice is so beautiful that it saved the song,” Soyou said through her agency Starship Entertainment.
Outside of their groups, Soyou and Baekhyun both have enjoyed successes from collaboration hits in the past.
Soyou made a name for herself outside of Sistar with her 2014 hit single “Some,” a project with singer Junggigo. Baekhyun also reigned the music charts last year with “Dream,” an acoustic ballad with missA’s Suzy.
Since 2013, Starship Entertainment has produced several hit singles, bringing together K-pop talent, including Sistar, Mad Clown, Beenzino and Urban Zakapa.