- California Assembly OKs highest minimum wage in nation
- S. Korea unveils first graphic cigarette warnings
- US joins with South Korea, Japan in bid to deter North Korea
- LPGA golfer Chun In-gee finally back in action
- S. Korea won’t be top seed in final World Cup qualification round
- US men’s soccer misses 2nd straight Olympics
- US back on track in qualifying with 4-0 win over Guatemala
- High-intensity workout injuries spawn cottage industry
- CDC expands range of Zika mosquitoes into parts of Northeast
- Who knew? ‘The Walking Dead’ is helping families connect
EXO’s Lay to be absent from global tour
SEOUL, March 10 (Yonhap) — Lay, a Chinese member of popular K-pop boy band EXO, won’t participate in the on-going global tour, a concert organizer and the group’s management said Friday.
Dream Maker Entertainment cited his rigid schedule for his “unfortunate” absence of the “EXO PLANET #3 The EXO’rDIUM,” the group’s third solo global tour since its debut in 2011.
The popular band has been on tour since July, starting off in Seoul, followed by six Japanese cities, Hong Kong and the Philippines. EXO will perform without Lay for its performances in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, on March 18, and Singapore and North America in April.
The group’s agency, S.M. Entertainment, didn’t elaborate on why he can’t remain on tour.