- California Assembly OKs highest minimum wage in nation
- S. Korea unveils first graphic cigarette warnings
- US joins with South Korea, Japan in bid to deter North Korea
- LPGA golfer Chun In-gee finally back in action
- S. Korea won’t be top seed in final World Cup qualification round
- US men’s soccer misses 2nd straight Olympics
- US back on track in qualifying with 4-0 win over Guatemala
- High-intensity workout injuries spawn cottage industry
- CDC expands range of Zika mosquitoes into parts of Northeast
- Who knew? ‘The Walking Dead’ is helping families connect
Ex-2NE1 member Gong Minzy releases first single as solo artist
SEOUL, March 7 (Yonhap) — Gong Minzy, former member of the now-disbanded South Korean girl group 2NE1, on Tuesday released a song for the soundtrack of MBC TV series “Rebel: A Thief Who Stole The People,” signaling the start of her solo music career.
The song, “I Wanted To Love,” was released on major music streaming services at noon, according to Snow Entertainment, which produced the “Rebel” soundtrack.
The love ballad is accompanied by a music video that combines footage from the show, centered on the relationship between the two lead actors: Yoon Gyoon-sang and Chae Soo-bin.
In April 2016, Gong bolted from 2NE1, a month before her contract with YG Entertainment expired. 2NE1 ultimately broke up in November of that year following a successful eight-year run.
After signing with Music Works, Gong started her solo entertainment career, appearing in KBS 2TV’s all-female reality show “Sister’s Slamdunk” since last month.