- California Assembly OKs highest minimum wage in nation
- S. Korea unveils first graphic cigarette warnings
- US joins with South Korea, Japan in bid to deter North Korea
- LPGA golfer Chun In-gee finally back in action
- S. Korea won’t be top seed in final World Cup qualification round
- US men’s soccer misses 2nd straight Olympics
- US back on track in qualifying with 4-0 win over Guatemala
- High-intensity workout injuries spawn cottage industry
- CDC expands range of Zika mosquitoes into parts of Northeast
- Who knew? ‘The Walking Dead’ is helping families connect
Busker Busker’s leader to tie knot
By Park Si-soo
Popular K-pop indie band Busker Busker’s leader, Jang Beom-jun, 24, will tie the knot early next year with his pregnant girlfriend, Song Ji-soo. Song is an actress who turned 20 and made debut last year in an MBC TV’s drama.
“We have good news to tell Busker Busker’s fans. The band’s leader Jang will marry in the spring,” the band’s management agency announced on Monday through its Twitter account. “Jang was supposed to join the military early next year, but he recently postponed it due to his girlfriend’s premarital pregnancy.”
Born in 1989, the musician made his debut in 2011 as the band’s leader through the music audition TV program “Superstar K3” on the cable music channel Mnet.
In March of last year, the band released its first full-length album, titled “Busker Busker 1st Album,” which was a big hit. Its second album was released in September.