BLACKPINK’s ‘Whistle’ tops 100 mln YouTube views

April 17, 2017

SEOUL, April 15 (Yonhap) — The “Whistle” music video by BLACKPINK, one of K-pop’s biggest breakout stars from last year, surpassed 100 million views on YouTube on Saturday, the group’s agency said.

BP

The video hit 100,143,704 views as of 7 p.m., eight months after it was uploaded on the global video sharing service last August, YG Entertainment said.

It became the third music video by the act to hit the milestone after “Boombayah” and “Playing with Fire.”

BLACKPINK made its debut with “Square One” on Aug. 8, 2016, and became a notable rookie group with its two lead singles: “Whistle” and “Boombayah.”

“This marks the first time that a rookie group with less than a year of experience has three music videos that have garnered more than 100 million views,” the agency said.

“Whistle” swept the daily charts of multiple local mainstream music downloading and streaming services right after its release and topped various music charts for almost a month.

The four-member team, which includes Thai national Lisa, snatched up rookie honors at last year’s Melon Music Awards, beating out strong competitors, such as I.O.I and the Korea-China team Cosmic Girls.

6 Comments

1. 2048 game

April 18, 2017 at 1:39 AM

Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further write.

2. hill climb racing

April 18, 2017 at 1:40 AM

I used the clothes of this fashion label and was very satisfied. It made me nicer and much more impressive

3. tanki online

April 18, 2017 at 1:40 AM

She looked so cute riding up and down the street with her unicorn helmet on. I loved it!

4. picaram

April 19, 2017 at 7:23 AM

This is so amazing! They are a rookie group and even many sunbaenim can’t do like them :o Congratulations!

5. hotmail login

April 21, 2017 at 1:14 AM

Thanks for the best blog. it was very useful for me.keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. Thanks for giving me the useful information.

6. Vidmate App

May 4, 2017 at 11:43 PM

Thanks for sharing this post. This information is very useful.