UK authorities seek owner of gold trove stashed inside piano

March 16, 2017

LONDON (AP) — British officials are trying to trace the owner of a trove of gold coins worth a “life-changing” amount of money found stashed inside a piano. 2

A coroner investigating the find on Thursday urged anyone with information to come forward.

When the piano’s owners took it to be tuned last year in Shropshire, central England, it was found to contain a hoard of gold sovereigns minted between the mid-19th and early 20th centuries.

Investigators have determined that the piano was built in London in 1906 and sold to a pair of piano teachers in Saffron Walden, eastern England. They are seeking information on its ownership before 1983.

Anyone wanting to make a claim has until April 20, when coroner John Ellery will conclude his inquest.

If the gold’s owner or heirs cannot be traced, it will be declared treasure, and the piano’s current owners will reap the reward.

Officials have not disclosed how much the coins are worth. Peter Reavill, who assesses finds for the British Museum’s Portable Antiquities Scheme, said “it’s a hoard of objects which is potentially life-changing for somebody to receive.”

14 Comments

1. Whatsapp emojis

March 20, 2017 at 3:06 AM

Whatsapp Emojis enables a person to chat with another person by showing his feelings in pictorially

2. Assignment Writer UK

March 22, 2017 at 2:57 AM

That’s very surprising news and i guess it shouldn’t be disclosed the real worth of the coins as it’s confidential and first of all they should try to find out the real owners of those gold coins.

• Matthew

April 3, 2017 at 11:15 AM

Keep in mind, there exists the accusation that no true price discovery is allowed in the precious metal markets. The exchanges allow large notional purchases as ‘too big to fail’ financial companies want a smaller metal investing market, and some sovereign central banks are presumed to be hoarding it.

3. assignment writer uk students

April 18, 2017 at 11:57 PM

A high-quality article on a way to stay confident and encouraged after coming up with a awesome idea

4. Essay writing help

May 19, 2017 at 4:43 AM

wow thats fascinating!

5. Dissertation writing service

June 6, 2017 at 11:35 PM

Remember, there exists the allegation that no genuine value revelation is permitted in the valuable metal markets. The trades permit huge notional buys as ‘too huge to come up short’ money related organizations need a littler metal contributing business sector, and some sovereign national banks are dared to be accumulating it.

6. Warship Battle Mod Apk

July 7, 2017 at 1:55 AM

Download Warship battle mod apk and enjoy it

7. Paper Writing Help | PapersArena

July 29, 2017 at 1:12 AM

Just want to ask a curious question, how much does these coins cost? If no one is coming forward distribute it to people including me, so wanna get filthy rich!

8. Online Data Entry Serives

August 9, 2017 at 2:35 AM

I enjoyed reading your article on how to submit short-stories. It was very helpful and I could use all the information that was given. I am getting ready to publish my short-story soon and want to say Thanks.

9. Coursework Assistance Online

August 17, 2017 at 9:21 AM

I just wanted to ask you something that how much of the cost of these coins, and if someone is coming forward to distribute it to the people or to their close people, so are they gonna be a rich. Moreover, such a great information you shared, Keep Sharing!

10. Essay Help UK

September 7, 2017 at 3:13 AM

Keep in mind, there exists the assertion that no bona fide esteem disclosure is allowed in the important metal markets. The exchanges allow tremendous notional purchases as ‘excessively enormous, making it impossible to miss the mark’ cash related associations require a more diminutive metal contributing business part, and some sovereign national banks are set out to be aggregating it.

11. Do my Coursework

September 15, 2017 at 12:26 AM

I like your post, its truly extraordinary. With me, what you see is the thing that you get. Truly, call me genuine, notwithstanding I adore life. I am vivacious, and for that, I set forth no presentations of blocked need. I do get the chance to see the best in individuals, and when some individual is overpowering to my face, I have a tendency to trust them.

12. Buy Assignment

September 15, 2017 at 12:28 AM

while a not to a great degree hostile individual is a man who sees their commitment in things and pushes ahead and tries to endlessly advance and isn’t hesitant to express no or move some individual or be clear or sensible. It is breathtaking to be crucial, however it’s more key to be mind boggling. staggering post, a dedication of appreciation is all together to share, keep it up.

13. Academic Writing Services

September 15, 2017 at 12:29 AM

I think this is a genuinely marvelous outcome for another site and partners. There is an additionally charming techniques for verbalization that each amazing bit of work needs the ideal individual in the ideal place at the favored time. I basically require a brilliant, vivacious life.