- California Assembly OKs highest minimum wage in nation
- S. Korea unveils first graphic cigarette warnings
- US joins with South Korea, Japan in bid to deter North Korea
- LPGA golfer Chun In-gee finally back in action
- S. Korea won’t be top seed in final World Cup qualification round
- US men’s soccer misses 2nd straight Olympics
- US back on track in qualifying with 4-0 win over Guatemala
- High-intensity workout injuries spawn cottage industry
- CDC expands range of Zika mosquitoes into parts of Northeast
- Who knew? ‘The Walking Dead’ is helping families connect
Gong Yoo’s 5,500-ticket Taiwan event sells out in minutes
SEOUL, March 28 (Yonhap) — South Korean actor Gong Yoo’s upcoming fan meet-and-greet in Taiwan sold out in minutes, according to the star’s agency Tuesday.
Tickets for the event scheduled on April 29 at Taipei’s Hsingchuang Gymnasium went on sale at 11 a.m. Saturday, exclusively through 7-Eleven retail stores throughout Taiwan, according to Management Soop, which represents Gong.
The company said that tickets were sold out in 10 minutes, adding that “such a result is rare given that the tickets were sold entirely offline.”
The event will be the first Taiwan fan meeting for Gong, who has catapulted into “hallyu” stardom through his hit TV show “Guardian: The Lonely and Great God” and Korean zombie film “Train to Busan.” Hallyu refers to the rising global popularity of Korean pop culture.