- California Assembly OKs highest minimum wage in nation
- S. Korea unveils first graphic cigarette warnings
- US joins with South Korea, Japan in bid to deter North Korea
- LPGA golfer Chun In-gee finally back in action
- S. Korea won’t be top seed in final World Cup qualification round
- US men’s soccer misses 2nd straight Olympics
- US back on track in qualifying with 4-0 win over Guatemala
- High-intensity workout injuries spawn cottage industry
- CDC expands range of Zika mosquitoes into parts of Northeast
- Who knew? ‘The Walking Dead’ is helping families connect
All posts tagged "minimum wage"
California Assembly OKs highest minimum wage in nation
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — The California Assembly on Thursday green-lighted a plan that would create the highest statewide minimum wage in the nation of $15 an hour by 2022. The proposal now moves on to the state...
- Posted March 31, 2016
Deal reached to take California minimum wage to $15 an hour
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — California legislators and labor unions have reached a tentative agreement that will take the state’s minimum wage from $10 to $15 an hour, a state senator said, a move that would make for...
- Posted March 27, 2016
University of California raising minimum wage to $15 an hour
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — The movement to raise the minimum wage across the U.S. gained ground Wednesday with the huge University of California system announcing plans to increase base pay for its employees and contract workers to...
- Posted July 22, 2015
S. Korea raises minimum wage to 6,030 won (US$5.31) to boost economy
South Korea’s minimum wage was set at 6,030 won (US$5.31) per hour for next year, up 8.1 percent from 5,580 won (US$4.93) for this year, said Kim Sang-bum, an official handling the issue at the Minimum Wage Council....
- Posted July 9, 2015
L.A. Mayor proposes $13.25 minimum wage
LOS ANGELES (CNS) – Mayor Eric Garcetti announced his proposal to raise the minimum wage in Los Angeles to $13.25 an hour during a Labor Day rally in South Los Angeles. “While our city has added 40,000 jobs, and...
- Posted September 2, 2014