- California Assembly OKs highest minimum wage in nation
- S. Korea unveils first graphic cigarette warnings
- US joins with South Korea, Japan in bid to deter North Korea
- LPGA golfer Chun In-gee finally back in action
- S. Korea won’t be top seed in final World Cup qualification round
- US men’s soccer misses 2nd straight Olympics
- US back on track in qualifying with 4-0 win over Guatemala
- High-intensity workout injuries spawn cottage industry
- CDC expands range of Zika mosquitoes into parts of Northeast
- Who knew? ‘The Walking Dead’ is helping families connect
All posts tagged "California"
California Assembly OKs highest minimum wage in nation
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — The California Assembly on Thursday green-lighted a plan that would create the highest statewide minimum wage in the nation of $15 an hour by 2022. The proposal now moves on to the state...
- Posted March 31, 2016
Deal reached to take California minimum wage to $15 an hour
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — California legislators and labor unions have reached a tentative agreement that will take the state’s minimum wage from $10 to $15 an hour, a state senator said, a move that would make for...
- Posted March 27, 2016
Storm drenches drought-parched California
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A storm front that closed schools and snarled Northern California traffic moved south Friday, drenching the Los Angeles area with brief but fierce downpours that snapped power lines, sent hikers up a tree...
- Posted March 11, 2016
California lawmakers vote to raise smoking, vaping age to 21
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — California lawmakers voted Thursday to raise the legal age for purchasing and using tobacco and e-cigarettes from 18 to 21, putting the nation’s most populous state on the brink of becoming only the...
- Posted March 10, 2016
Planning for California bullet train allowed to move forward
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — A judge has removed a major hurdle to California’s high-speed rail system, ruling that the $64 billion system does not violate promises made to the voters who approved it and that planning and...
- Posted March 8, 2016
One more reason to hate Californians: Heat brings out beachgoers in West
SAN DIEGO (AP) — John Larson sat on a blanket on a Southern California beach, furiously posting videos on Facebook of his sons jumping in the waves and bracing for the expletives from friends in Buffalo, New...
- Posted February 16, 2016
More records fall as California heat wave continues
LOS ANGELES (AP) — California is still in the grip of a record-setting heat wave. The National Weather Service says cities up and down the state had record high temperatures for the date Monday. It was 89...
- Posted February 15, 2016