- California Assembly OKs highest minimum wage in nation
- S. Korea unveils first graphic cigarette warnings
- US joins with South Korea, Japan in bid to deter North Korea
- LPGA golfer Chun In-gee finally back in action
- S. Korea won’t be top seed in final World Cup qualification round
- US men’s soccer misses 2nd straight Olympics
- US back on track in qualifying with 4-0 win over Guatemala
- High-intensity workout injuries spawn cottage industry
- CDC expands range of Zika mosquitoes into parts of Northeast
- Who knew? ‘The Walking Dead’ is helping families connect
S. Korean rapper Iron indicted for assaulting girlfriend
SEOUL, March 14 (Yonhap) — South Korean rapper Iron has been indicted on charges of assaulting his girlfriend last year, prosecutors said Tuesday.
The 25-year-old is suspected of hitting his girlfriend in the head with his fist for rejecting his demands while having sex at his home in central Seoul in September 2016.
He is also accused of throttling and punching the victim a few weeks later at the same location when she said she wanted to break up with him, according to prosecutors. The victim was bruised and suffered a fracture in the process.
Prosecutors said he injured himself in the thigh with a weapon he took from the kitchen and threatened to accuse her of the injury if she reported his violence to police.
Iron was sentenced to eight months in prison, suspended for two years, by a local court in November on charges of smoking marijuana between 2014 and 2015.