- California Assembly OKs highest minimum wage in nation
- S. Korea unveils first graphic cigarette warnings
- US joins with South Korea, Japan in bid to deter North Korea
- LPGA golfer Chun In-gee finally back in action
- S. Korea won’t be top seed in final World Cup qualification round
- US men’s soccer misses 2nd straight Olympics
- US back on track in qualifying with 4-0 win over Guatemala
- High-intensity workout injuries spawn cottage industry
- CDC expands range of Zika mosquitoes into parts of Northeast
- Who knew? ‘The Walking Dead’ is helping families connect
S. Korean golfer Wang Jeung-hun earns 3rd European Tour victory
SEOUL, Jan. 29 (Yonhap) — South Korean golfer Wang Jeung-hun earned his third career European Tour victory in Qatar on Sunday.
Wang captured the Commercial Bank Qatar Masters at Doha Golf Club in Doha in a playoff. He ended the regulation tied at 16-under with Joakim Lagergren of Sweden and Jaco Van Zyl of South Africa, but birdied the first playoff hole, the par-five 18th, to clinch the title.
It was Wang’s first win of the season. He won his first two European Tour victories in back-to-back weeks in May last year.
Wang entered the final round, holding a three-stroke lead, and the advantage evaporated on the back nine on Sunday at the par-72 layout.
Wang reclaimed the top spot with a birdie at the 16th, but a bogey on the next hole dropped back into a tie for the lead.
In the playoff, Wang stiffed his chip to within three feet of the hole, and drained the birdie putt to cap off a dramatic day.