- California Assembly OKs highest minimum wage in nation
- S. Korea unveils first graphic cigarette warnings
- US joins with South Korea, Japan in bid to deter North Korea
- LPGA golfer Chun In-gee finally back in action
- S. Korea won’t be top seed in final World Cup qualification round
- US men’s soccer misses 2nd straight Olympics
- US back on track in qualifying with 4-0 win over Guatemala
- High-intensity workout injuries spawn cottage industry
- CDC expands range of Zika mosquitoes into parts of Northeast
- Who knew? ‘The Walking Dead’ is helping families connect
S. Korea selected as host of 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil, Dec. 5 (Yonhap) – South Korea was selected as the host of the 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup here on Thursday.
In a vote held during FIFA’s Executive Committee meeting in Brazil, South Korea edged out Azerbaijan for the right to host the world’s premier youth football tournament.
Koreans have yet to decide on a city to hold the event, but they did narrow it down to ten cities – including Seoul, Busan, Ulsan, Jeju, and Suwon.