- California Assembly OKs highest minimum wage in nation
- S. Korea unveils first graphic cigarette warnings
- US joins with South Korea, Japan in bid to deter North Korea
- LPGA golfer Chun In-gee finally back in action
- S. Korea won’t be top seed in final World Cup qualification round
- US men’s soccer misses 2nd straight Olympics
- US back on track in qualifying with 4-0 win over Guatemala
- High-intensity workout injuries spawn cottage industry
- CDC expands range of Zika mosquitoes into parts of Northeast
- Who knew? ‘The Walking Dead’ is helping families connect
Ryan Palmer takes early lead at Honda Classic with 65
He is at 9-under 131 and one shot ahead of Rickie Fowler, who had a 66.
Palmer’s game is not the only thing with an improved prognosis. He took off the last four months of the year to tend to his wife, who was diagnosed with breast cancer. He says she should be done with treatment in August and is doing well.
He received plenty of emotional support from Stewart Cink, whose wife is battling breast cancer. And he says Phil Mickelson, whose wife was diagnosed in 2009, put him in touch with the right doctors.