- California Assembly OKs highest minimum wage in nation
- S. Korea unveils first graphic cigarette warnings
- US joins with South Korea, Japan in bid to deter North Korea
- LPGA golfer Chun In-gee finally back in action
- S. Korea won’t be top seed in final World Cup qualification round
- US men’s soccer misses 2nd straight Olympics
- US back on track in qualifying with 4-0 win over Guatemala
- High-intensity workout injuries spawn cottage industry
- CDC expands range of Zika mosquitoes into parts of Northeast
- Who knew? ‘The Walking Dead’ is helping families connect
Helicopter crashes into apartment building in Seoul
A helicopter crashed into an apartment building located in the affluent southern part of Seoul, Korea.
At around 8:55 a.m. Saturday, a helicopter crashed into the 25th floor of the apartment building located in Samsung-dong before falling to the ground, according to fire fighters.
The authorities said that two people were on board and are presumed to be dead. “It seemed that the helicopter lost its visibility due to the thick fog,” said an official at the National Emergency Management Agency. “There are no reports on damages to the apartment’s residents as they were mostly evacuated.”