- California Assembly OKs highest minimum wage in nation
- S. Korea unveils first graphic cigarette warnings
- US joins with South Korea, Japan in bid to deter North Korea
- LPGA golfer Chun In-gee finally back in action
- S. Korea won’t be top seed in final World Cup qualification round
- US men’s soccer misses 2nd straight Olympics
- US back on track in qualifying with 4-0 win over Guatemala
- High-intensity workout injuries spawn cottage industry
- CDC expands range of Zika mosquitoes into parts of Northeast
- Who knew? ‘The Walking Dead’ is helping families connect
‘Heirs’ stars receive awards in China
Actress Park Shin-hye and actor Kim Woo-bin together won awards for the most popular artists at the China 2013 Drama Awards, Wednesday.
The two recently starred on SBS’s “The Heirs” _ Park played the role of a poor but cheery high school student, while Kim portrayed an 18-year-old rebellious heir whose mother left his father when he was young.
“I’m grateful that our drama, which was a success in Korea, is captivating Chinese audiences as well,” Park said after introducing herself in fluent Chinese. Kim thanked the audience for having doted on his rebellious character, and pledged to work even harder not to let his fans down.
Park is best known for having appeared as the younger Choi Ji-woo on “Stairway to Heaven,” and has successfully transitioned into playing lead roles. Kim began his career as a model, and has since appeared on dramas such as “School 2013” and is currently hosting music channel Mnet’s “M Countdown.”