- California Assembly OKs highest minimum wage in nation
- S. Korea unveils first graphic cigarette warnings
- US joins with South Korea, Japan in bid to deter North Korea
- LPGA golfer Chun In-gee finally back in action
- S. Korea won’t be top seed in final World Cup qualification round
- US men’s soccer misses 2nd straight Olympics
- US back on track in qualifying with 4-0 win over Guatemala
- High-intensity workout injuries spawn cottage industry
- CDC expands range of Zika mosquitoes into parts of Northeast
- Who knew? ‘The Walking Dead’ is helping families connect
Girls’ Generation to hold year-end concert Dec. 22
By Kim Ji-soo
The K-pop group Girls’ Generation will hold a year-end party at KINTEX, Ilsan,Gyeonggi Province on Dec. 22.
Dubbed “Marchen Fantasy,” the concert will begin on 6 p.m. with folktale-like images in the background. The nine members of the girls group are preparing a repertory of Christmas carols and individual stage performances.
The Girls’ Generation concert is part of the SMTOWN Week concerts that will take place from Dec. 21 through Dec. 29. Other artists from SM Entertainment including TVXQ, Super Junior, SHINee, f(x) and EXO will perform during the week.
Girls’ Generation recently won an inaugural YouTube music award for its music video for “I Got a Boy.” The song is the title track of the group’s fourth studio album that was released in January. The album was composed by Dsign Music, the group of famous composers that composed the hit song “Genie” as well as the top composers of Europe including Will Simms and Sarah Lundback, and the composer from Korea, YooYoung-jin participated.