- California Assembly OKs highest minimum wage in nation
- S. Korea unveils first graphic cigarette warnings
- US joins with South Korea, Japan in bid to deter North Korea
- LPGA golfer Chun In-gee finally back in action
- S. Korea won’t be top seed in final World Cup qualification round
- US men’s soccer misses 2nd straight Olympics
- US back on track in qualifying with 4-0 win over Guatemala
- High-intensity workout injuries spawn cottage industry
- CDC expands range of Zika mosquitoes into parts of Northeast
- Who knew? ‘The Walking Dead’ is helping families connect
Boy band NCT wins endorsement deal from Thai firm Singha
SEOUL, Feb. 9 (Yonhap) — South Korean idol group NCT has been hired by Thailand’s Singha Corp. to promote the company’s popular dried seaweed snack, the group’s agency said Thursday.
Five of the total 15 NCT members — Ten, Taeyong, Doyoung, Mark and Jaehyun — held a two-day promotional event in Bangkok from Tuesday for Singha’s seaweed snack Masita, S.M. Entertainment said.
The singers were greeted by hundreds of fans upon their arrival at the Bangkok International Suvarnabhumi Airport on Tuesday, S.M. Entertainment said. On the same day, the members held a media event at Siam Paragon department store, which drew some 5,000 fans.
An indoor meet-and-greet event was also later held, with NCT showcasing their song “The 7th Sense” and engaging directly with fans.
NCT also made appearances on popular TV shows including “Rueng Lao Chao Nee” and “9 Entertain.” The NCT-endorsed Masita commercial will air in April.