- California Assembly OKs highest minimum wage in nation
- S. Korea unveils first graphic cigarette warnings
- US joins with South Korea, Japan in bid to deter North Korea
- LPGA golfer Chun In-gee finally back in action
- S. Korea won’t be top seed in final World Cup qualification round
- US men’s soccer misses 2nd straight Olympics
- US back on track in qualifying with 4-0 win over Guatemala
- High-intensity workout injuries spawn cottage industry
- CDC expands range of Zika mosquitoes into parts of Northeast
- Who knew? ‘The Walking Dead’ is helping families connect
BIGBANG chosen among Forbes’ ’30 Under 30′ musicians
SEOUL, Jan. 4 (Yonhap) — South Korean boy band BIGBANG has made it to the Forbes’ list of the world’s 30 most popular musicians under the age 30 for this year.
The members were the only Koreans on the U.S. economic magazine’s “30 Under 30 Music Class of 2017,” which was unveiled on the magazine’s official website Tuesday (on U.S. local time).
The list includes many of the singers, songwriters, managers and entrepreneurs revolutionizing the modern music business such as the popular American R&B singer Gallant and rapper Logic.
Last year, the Korean act ranked No. 54 on the Forbes’ “Celebrity 100″ list for earning $44 million last year, which is more than top U.S. all-male groups like Maroon 5.
BIGBANG is scheduled to hold a concert at Gocheok Sky Dome in western Seoul on Saturday and Sunday.