- California Assembly OKs highest minimum wage in nation
- S. Korea unveils first graphic cigarette warnings
- US joins with South Korea, Japan in bid to deter North Korea
- LPGA golfer Chun In-gee finally back in action
- S. Korea won’t be top seed in final World Cup qualification round
- US men’s soccer misses 2nd straight Olympics
- US back on track in qualifying with 4-0 win over Guatemala
- High-intensity workout injuries spawn cottage industry
- CDC expands range of Zika mosquitoes into parts of Northeast
- Who knew? ‘The Walking Dead’ is helping families connect
Ailee told the truth about naked pictures
NJ police report from 4-years ago supports
agency’s claim of her being a victim of scam
By Ham Ji-ha
It looks like YMC Entertainment was telling the truth in regards to Ailee’s nude photos. Ailee’s nude pictures were taken four years ago, and she did indeed report the incident to the police.
The 24-year old Korean American singer’s real name is Lee Ye-jin, and she had filed a report on August 12, 2009, according to the Palisades Park Police Department of New Jersey records. Her first name Ye, last name Lee, Palisades Park address, and date of birth were all listed.
She told the police that the incident took five days prior to the filing date, at around 3-6 a.m. while chatting with whom she believed to be was her friend of the same age, only identified by her last name Kim.
At that time, Kim advised Ailee to send some 50 nude photos of herself to the third person using ‘CLG********’ as a screen name and did so without much suspicion, only to find out later that Kim’s Facebook account had been hacked, and that it was not her friend that she was talking to.
Kim went on to explain that she had never asked for any nude photos to be sent anywhere, and that her Facebook account had been hacked many times, forcing her to change the password four times. In other words, Ailee sent her naked pictures to an impostor.
The content of the police report basically supports Ailee’s management agency’s claim, as the police recommended her to delete all the photos from her computer and file another report with the Internet fraud division.
There have been reports of Ailee’s popularity actually increasing since news of the scandal first broke.