- California Assembly OKs highest minimum wage in nation
- S. Korea unveils first graphic cigarette warnings
- US joins with South Korea, Japan in bid to deter North Korea
- LPGA golfer Chun In-gee finally back in action
- S. Korea won’t be top seed in final World Cup qualification round
- US men’s soccer misses 2nd straight Olympics
- US back on track in qualifying with 4-0 win over Guatemala
- High-intensity workout injuries spawn cottage industry
- CDC expands range of Zika mosquitoes into parts of Northeast
- Who knew? ‘The Walking Dead’ is helping families connect
Actor Jun, Kim off to good start
The new television drama “You Who Came From the Stars” starring Jun Ji-hyun and Kim Soo-hyun recorded the highest viewership among Wednesday and Thursday dramas in Korea.
According to Nielsen Korea, the viewer rating of the first episode of “You Who Came from the Stars” registered 15.7 percent nationwide and 14.2 percent in the Seoul area.
This rank is higher than the first episode of “The Heirs”, the previous SBS Wednesday and Thursday drama. The drama is about the starlet who meets a guy from space who has been living on Earth for 400 years.
The drama’s high score signals ominous news from MBC‘s new drama “Miss Korea,” which received 7 percent and KBS’s “Bel Ami,” which maintained 3.5 percent.