- California Assembly OKs highest minimum wage in nation
- S. Korea unveils first graphic cigarette warnings
- US joins with South Korea, Japan in bid to deter North Korea
- LPGA golfer Chun In-gee finally back in action
- S. Korea won’t be top seed in final World Cup qualification round
- US men’s soccer misses 2nd straight Olympics
- US back on track in qualifying with 4-0 win over Guatemala
- High-intensity workout injuries spawn cottage industry
- CDC expands range of Zika mosquitoes into parts of Northeast
- Who knew? ‘The Walking Dead’ is helping families connect
Actor Gong Yoo to meet fans in Taiwan, Hong Kong
SEOUL, March 8 (Yonhap) — South Korean actor Gong Yoo will hold meet-and-greet events in Taiwan and Hong Kong starting next month, his management agency said Wednesday.
The events will be held at the Xinzhuang Gymnasium in Taipei on April 29 and at the AsiaWorld–Expo in Hong Kong on May 5, Management Soop said in a press release.
HIs fan conventions are part of an overseas promotional tour for the popular series “Guardian: The Lonely and Great God.” The actor played the main character in the hit Korean drama, which aired on cable channel tvN from Dec. 2 to Jan. 21.
He has been enjoying wide popularity in the two countries as his recent movie “Train to Busan” also topped local box offices.
“We hope the events will make many of the fans’ dreams come true just like the slogan of the event, ‘Live your dream, hear your dream, you are my dream,’” the company said.