- California Assembly OKs highest minimum wage in nation
- S. Korea unveils first graphic cigarette warnings
- US joins with South Korea, Japan in bid to deter North Korea
- LPGA golfer Chun In-gee finally back in action
- S. Korea won’t be top seed in final World Cup qualification round
- US men’s soccer misses 2nd straight Olympics
- US back on track in qualifying with 4-0 win over Guatemala
- High-intensity workout injuries spawn cottage industry
- CDC expands range of Zika mosquitoes into parts of Northeast
- Who knew? ‘The Walking Dead’ is helping families connect
2PM’s weekend concert suspended after stage accident
SEOUL, Feb. 27 (Yonhap) — A concert by South Korean boy band 2PM was abruptly halted over the weekend after member Jun. K was injured while performing, the group’s agency said Monday.
The concert held at Seoul Olympic Park on Sunday was canceled after Jun. K fell off a moving vehicle while singing, JYP Entertainment said.
Jun. K was immediately hospitalized and was later found out to have fractured his right elbow and right ring finger. Concert attendees will receive refunds for the canceled show, according to JYP Entertainment.
Due to the accident, it is uncertain whether the group will be able to continue its concert activities, which run through March 5, at the venue.
“We are at a point where we have to discuss future schedules. We apologize to the audience and fans for not having been able to secure the safety of our artist,” a JYP Entertainment representative said.
The concert was 2PM’s first in a year and nine months, and the last with all six members for a while as two — Taecyeon and Jun. K — are scheduled to join the Army this year.