- California Assembly OKs highest minimum wage in nation
- S. Korea unveils first graphic cigarette warnings
- US joins with South Korea, Japan in bid to deter North Korea
- LPGA golfer Chun In-gee finally back in action
- S. Korea won’t be top seed in final World Cup qualification round
- US men’s soccer misses 2nd straight Olympics
- US back on track in qualifying with 4-0 win over Guatemala
- High-intensity workout injuries spawn cottage industry
- CDC expands range of Zika mosquitoes into parts of Northeast
- Who knew? ‘The Walking Dead’ is helping families connect
All posts tagged "olympic soccer"
US men’s soccer misses 2nd straight Olympics
FRISCO, Texas (AP) — The United States failed to qualify for consecutive Olympic men’s soccer tournaments for the first time in a half century, a collapse players found hard to address on analyze. Roger Martinez scored twice,...
- Posted March 30, 2016
S. Korea beats Algeria 2-0 in Olympic soccer friendly
ICHEON, South Korea (Yonhap) — The South Korean men’s Olympic football team beat Algeria 2-0 in a friendly match on Friday, as they enter the tune-up phase for the Rio de Janeiro Summer Games. Midfielder Kwon Chang-hoon...
- Posted March 25, 2016
Stielike steps up to help out S. Korea’s Olympic soccer squad and Son Heung-min
By Joo Kyung-don SEOUL (Yonhap) — By excluding one of South Korea’s biggest football stars from his roster announced Monday, senior men’s national team head coach Uli Stielike showed that he wants to help the country’s football...
- Posted March 14, 2016
S. Korean women fall to Australia; Olympic soccer dream in jeopardy
OSAKA, Japan (Yonhap) — South Korea suffered a 2-0 loss to Australia at the final Asian women’s Olympic football qualifying tournament Friday, with their quest for the maiden Summer Games appearance now in jeopardy. At Yanmar Stadium...
- Posted March 4, 2016
Offense goes silent for S. Korea ahead of Olympic soccer qualifiers
SEOUL (Yonhap) — South Korea’s offense went silent Thursday against Saudi Arabia in their final test ahead of next week’s Olympic football qualifying tournament, a concerning development for a squad that has often had trouble finding the...
- Posted January 7, 2016